So, as many of you know, Logan and I will be in South Carolina doing a summer internship from May-August. I know you all have been dying to know (i.e. Mrs. Woodmansee).....so here are the details of our internship....we will be working for a resort in Myrtle Beach for the summer. We'll be working in a bunch of different positions from management to activities, etc. It's going to be awesome and our good friends, Adrian and Maddison Mejome will be there too! I could probably list the plethora of reasons why South Carolina is going to be amazing this summer, but I'll spare you the details (and, plus you can just click HERE to read the reasons why). Although South Carolina will be a fun opportunity, I am already dreading and stressing out about how much of a pain it will be to: 1) get our apartment subleased for the summer, 2) pack our stuff, 3) drive out to South Carolina, and 4) be away from our friends in Provo especially the Rex's and Wing's!!!!
On another even more exciting note, Logan and I will be married for one year this summer--crazy, huh? It feels like it was just yesterday when we were getting married in the temple; I still remember it all so vividly! It was beautiful and still the best day of my life by far! Anyway, for our 1 year anniversary...we were thinking we would take a little trip while we were in South Carolina, but we are having a hard time deciding where to go. So, this is where I need your help! Here are the options:
Option 1 (New York): Central Park/Times Square
Logan has NEVER been to New York before and I think it would be a great opportunity while we are on the east coast for him to go...even though I have been there many times! I just love everything about NYC! It's amazing and I wouldn't mind going there again especially if it's with my cute husband! The only thing is getting there and where to stay...we would more than likely have to buy plane tickets and get hotel accommodations (but we're thinking we can find something more affordable outside the city). And, there would be plenty of things to see/do....go see a show? sight seeing? shopping? Anyway, New York would be fun...there is so much to do in one big city! Doesn't that sound amazing?
OR
Option 2 (Florida): Universal Studios/Harry Potter World
We want to go to Universal Studios while we are in Florida (although, I have been several times before and Logan has never been). I absolutely love everything about Orlando, Florida!!! It's a magical place that automatically makes every single person who visits incredibly happy. However, to obtain that said happiness, it is imperative that each person pay a certain amount of money (i.e. it is very pricey) especially when you consider hotel accommodations, plane ticket (yes, we'll fly not drive), and Universal Studios tickets (why are they so expensive?) Not to mention, the excessive crowds and long lines! I think the ultimate reason why I want to go is because of drum roll please.....the new Harry Potter World that is opening this Spring which , of course, I am dying to go to!!! So, is it worth it...to spend all that money and get to be incredibly happy for a few days?
I know we would have a great time anywhere we go, but this may be one of the last times we are out on the east coast in awhile, so we want to make the best decision! My gut is saying to go to New York, but really....Florida would be so much fun too! Harry Potter World, people?! So, what do you think? Where would you rather go? And, don't you dare tell me we can do both because I honestly don't know how that would work for us (i.e. we are poor college students). Thanks for your help, in advance!



You are quite the responsive blogger, Mrs. Corbett! My vote is New York allll the way! Go with the gut. :)
ReplyDeleteNew York would be better with the number of visitors, many more options of things to do and see, and in more expansive price-ranges. Plus, you could stay right in the city at a youth hostel for cheap! Disney World is better off-season, especially for the new attraction!
ReplyDeleteI love both. New York has a LOT of stuff to do. And a bunch that's free. Plus, if you stayed in the city, you wouldn't have to rent a car really and just walk everywhere or get a subway pass for really cheap. Florida has the beach, but it's further away than you would think. So, New York.
ReplyDeleteI say NYC! I've been trying to convince Steve to take me for years, but he refuses to go to the city.
ReplyDeleteNYC must see especially, for Logon. It’s fun, a lot to see and do. We recommend take a bus from DC to NYC Chinatown $35.00 roundtrip, stay at a hotel near subway (we stayed in Chinatown), and take subway to updown (i.e. Madison Square, Time Square, and Central Park). It’s cheap and easy ($8 for 4 rides). It’s expensive, hard to find parking and incontinent going places with a car in NYC…taxi or subway is the best way around NYC. Your mom and I did it we enjoyed it a lot. We plan to do it again this summer…hope this helps.
ReplyDeleteLove mom and dad.