November 22, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Day 13-18

 Gratitude Challenge: Day 13
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was baptized and confirmed a member of the church (it's been over 5 years now). I can't even begin to describe all the tremendous and overwhelming blessings I've received because of my decision to join the LDS church. I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He has a marvelous plan for me. I am so grateful for the church, the prophet, apostles, general authorities, and local leaders. I am grateful to all the individuals I have met since investigating the church; I am grateful for their examples and supportive ways. I would not be where I am today without strong, charitable, and supportive members of this church. Thank you!


Gratitude Challenge: Day 14
In-laws 

I am grateful for my in-laws. John and Delilas (my  father and mother-in-law) are wonderful, amazing individuals. I am so grateful to have married into such a great family with awesome parent-in-laws! Seriously!!! I am so so lucky! Here is a little synopsis about each of them:

John: My father-in-law is fun! I love how he is so patient with everyone around him. He is a great example to me of working hard, but also playing hard. I am always so impressed by how dedicated he is to everything he does whether it is work, church callings, working in the yard, playing with his kids, etc. He is busy, but he somehow always makes time for the most important things. I think Logan gets a lot of his personality from his awesome dad which is a very good thing:)

Delilas: I can't say enough about my amazing mother-in-law. I absolutely LOVE her. She is so easy to get along with. Logan definitely takes after his mother when it comes to his sense of humor. My mother-in-law has a GREAT sense of humor. She is also incredibly understanding, honest, and loving. She is also a wonderful mother/mother-in-law to six (seven, if you count me)--her children (plus me) absolutely adore her. Oh, and did I mention that we share the same birthday? We're practically twins. Logan always jokes that he married his mother..well that is definitely a compliment because my MIL is awesome!

I am so so thankful for my in-laws! They are awesome and I appreciate them so much. I also love how welcoming they have been to my family. I love that my parents and Logan's parents live close to each other and that they can build a relationship with one another (even while Logan and I are not there). It's awesome!


Gratitude Challenge: Day 15
Challenges/Trials 

I am grateful for challenges/trials. I know that the Lord gives us trials and burdens so that we can learn and become perfected in Him. I am grateful for the small or even big challenges/trials the Lord gives me. I know that it is part of the plan the Lord has for me. I know that as I endure my challenges/trials well and with a positive attitude, the Lord will give me strength to accomplish anything.


Gratitude Challenge: Day 16
Temples 

I am so grateful for temples. I know that being in the temple is the ultimate joy and peace that our Heavenly Father can give us. I know that in the temple we can do a sacred work in strengthening families. I know that the temple can provide us with comfort, joy, and an overwhelming peace that we can not get anywhere else. I love going to the temple and feeling Heavenly Father's love.


Gratitude Challenge: Day 17
Scriptures 

I'm grateful for the scriptures. I am so thankful that I have them to read and to learn from. It is such a blessing for me to have somewhere I can turn to for answers, guidance, and direction in my life. I know that I can be better at reading my scriptures every day, and I certainly intend to!


Gratitude Challenge: Day 18
Extended Family

I have a very large extended family and I have also married into Logan's family (which is also very big). I am grateful for aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc who have been wonderful blessings in my life. I am so thankful to have a wonderful extended family who really care about me. I love my family and I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with a great one:)

1 comment:

  1. I have loved reading all the Gratitude Challenge days, but you shouldn't talk about your in-laws like that, now they have expectations they have to live up too.I guess you know we love you too, what is there not to love, right.

    ReplyDelete