March 16, 2011

Marriage


Photo Credit: Google Images

Husband is going snow cave camping with the scouts this weekend (without me). Initially, I was a little worried because 1) I have never been snow cave camping before (thus, I can’t give any input) and 2) it’s been a long time since husband has been snow cave camping. I freaked out when he said he was planning to go a few weeks ago. Who goes snow cave camping? Why would you ever go camping in the freezing cold, let alone in the snow? Is it safe? Is it even fun?

Husband assured me that he would be safe and that it is indeed a fun experience. Well, being the paranoid person I am....I was still not convinced. I made him e-mail me everything the scout leaders gave him, so I could sift through it and make sure he would not forget anything.

I would elaborate more, but I'll just let you read our lovely conversation on g-mail (about snow cave camping) that pretty much sums up my worrisome personality, Logan’s laid-back attitude, and our marriage. It was too good not to post. Enjoy :)

 me:  it's going to be cold so you need to be prepared!!
 Logan:  I'll be prepared
don't worry
 me:  you haven't done this in a long time so I am worried
 Logan:  ha ha
 me:  maybe you should call your dad and ask him 
 Logan:  It'll be fine
I'll wear lots of socks and stay warm
 me:  good because I won't be there to cuddle with you when you get cold!!!
 Logan:  I know that'll be sad!
I could just sneak out at night and come home to sleep
I need to bring glow sticks to play capture the flag
and my Frisbee
 me:  okay sounds good
it sounds like you know what you are doing
 Logan: I pretend to
 me:  pretend? I sure hope you know what you are doing!!
just come back in one piece!
 Logan:  I will
I'm a survivor
I'll teach the kids how to walk on ice
I hope the leaders aren't uptight stinkers
that could really ruin the mojo
 me:  just be like your dad and do your own thing
the kids will like you better
but be smart like your dad too! 
 Logan:  I always am
We will get a hill and sled and go bowling for boy scouts!!! 
Hooray!!
YEAH!!
 me:  I really don't want to get a call in the middle of the night with a message that says...."hello mrs. corbett, you need to come pick up your husband because he's misbehaving"
 Logan:  ha ha
but you would love that!!! 

Maybe it's the motherly instinct coming out of me already? Yes? Or, maybe I've just always been this way? Oh well. I'm just glad husband puts up with it all.

He leaves on Friday....wish me and the boy some luck! 

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of snow cave camping before! Doesn't sound fun to me at all. I'd rather be warm in my bed at home.

    I hope you don't get the call in the middle of the night to pick up your husband for misbehaving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH I hope you get a call in the middle of the night to pick up your husband because of Misbehaving in a fun way.
    {True Korth/Corbett Blood} You worry now, wait until he takes the boy and the boy cant wait to go with Dad. Then you have good reason to worry. I don't worry so much about John but when he has the kids it worries me more.
    I went to NYC with my friends (imagine that)for over night and John took 4 little kids to Lake Erie for the night, Kate was not even two, I worried. I was wishing that they would just stay home and away from water. They had a blast, ask Logan if he remembers that trip.

    Sorry, that you married into a crazy family. You knew you could "do hard things" that is why you said yes. We love you for it!!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete