My birthday just happened to be on 9-10-11 this year. Awesome, huh? It was also on a Saturday - score! Logan was such a sweet husband and took the day off (yes, he will be working 6 days a week for awhile). We went to Costco for Saturday samples (my favorite) and then we went to the NC Science Museum. It was really fun. Hudson slept the whole time, so he missed seeing all the live animals and the exhibits. The museum was really nice and it is one of the largest in the southeast part of the country! We had a great time. Of course, I would walk around learning new things and then come back to tell Logan all about it.
Me: "Oh, hey Logan - did you know that poisonous dart frogs are not venomous in captivity?"
Logan: "Yeah, I did know that."
Me: "Well, did you know that (insert factual information here)?"
Logan: "Yep, I knew that too."
After the museum, we headed to the mall so I could pick out a gift. On the ride there, Hudson was a monster. He cried and cried and cried until we finally parked and I took him out of his car seat. He definitely didn't want to be in that car seat anymore. I changed him and fed him at the mall (yes, my first public feeding - it wasn't as bad as I thought). We shopped for a bit. I picked out a new pair of capris (totally back to my pre-pregnancy size and weight - hallelujah!) and a new watch (that I still need to go back to get). Logan got me some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, a new water bottle, and candy.
Me: "Oh, hey Logan - did you know that poisonous dart frogs are not venomous in captivity?"
Logan: "Yeah, I did know that."
Me: "Well, did you know that (insert factual information here)?"
Logan: "Yep, I knew that too."
**My husband is such a smarty pants; it is hard to get excited when telling him new things I learn because he somehow already knows about it (especially in regards to animals, business, math, etc). Oh well. I am still a better speller - at least I have that going for me :)
After the museum, we headed to the mall so I could pick out a gift. On the ride there, Hudson was a monster. He cried and cried and cried until we finally parked and I took him out of his car seat. He definitely didn't want to be in that car seat anymore. I changed him and fed him at the mall (yes, my first public feeding - it wasn't as bad as I thought). We shopped for a bit. I picked out a new pair of capris (totally back to my pre-pregnancy size and weight - hallelujah!) and a new watch (that I still need to go back to get). Logan got me some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, a new water bottle, and candy.
Later that night, Logan made dinner - waffle sundaes! It was delicious When we were first married, Logan asked for waffle sundaes for dinner and I had no idea what they were. He explained them to me (waffles with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup on top - duh). Well, I honestly didn't think it was dinner-material. I mean, ice cream with dinner? Luckily, I talked to his mom and she told me that the family had waffle sundaes all the time for dinner (it's like dinner and dessert combined)! So, I tried it and needless to say - it is my favorite now! After dinner, we sat down to watch the BYU vs. Texas football game. I wish BYU would have won, but it was such a close game - really fun to watch! During half-time, we had red velvet cheesecake in lieu of birthday cake this year. It was so so good.
So, there you have it. My 24th birthday was great :) I don't know if I like being 24 yet. It just sounds weird and one of those in between birthdays. You know, like being 17 - you are not an adult, but you are not a kid either. Same with being 24. You are not yet 25 (grown-up status), but you are not a young hip early 20's adult either. Oh well! I'm sure I will get use to it, right?
Sadly, we only got two pictures from my birthday. Taken at the NC Science Museum:
What a great birthday to spend with my husband and little baby! I loved it!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes :)

Happy Birthday Abby! It sounds like it was great. I think that you and your cute family are just darling. 24 is such a strange age - I totally agree - but i'm sure it will be a great year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome birthday weekend with your boys! Happy Birthday.
ReplyDelete