June 22, 2012

First Father's Day

I am so grateful for Logan. Not only is he the best husband, but he has quickly become a great dad in my eyes. His love and patience towards Hudson is so endearing to see. One of my favorite things to watch is Logan coming home from work. Hudson runs over with arms wide open, with the cheesiest grin, and gives Logan a huge hug. It makes me smile every time. It is just the sweetest, cutest thing I get to see about 5 times a week.

I'm not one to brag (well maybe just on this blog), but I can't help to reflect on some things that make Logan a great dad (in the short, few months he has been one). Of course, there are a lot of qualities but there are two things that stick out in my mind:

1) He is patient. So unbelievably patient. It drives me nuts how patient he is (mainly because I am so not patient). He rarely gets upset even when Hudson pulls his glasses off a million times, or when Hudson hides his wallet and we can't find it for a few days, or when Hudson climbs up on the dishwasher and pulls all the utensils out (mainly the steak knives). Logan is always so patient and uses moments to "teach" Hudson rather than talk down to him or yell at him. I could seriously use more of his patience.

2) He is playful. This will come in handy as Hudson gets older and we add more kids into the mix, but Logan knows how to make things fun. We will be at various events and he will be playing with the kids rather than talking to the adults. It happens every single time. Kids LOVE him. Every single kid. I always get compliments from other women who say, "that is a great dad right there!" especially when he is the only adult playing with the kids. I totally lucked out when I married Logan, if anything, for his ability to make life fun.

We love you, Logan!!
Thanks for being the best dad to Hudson. 
He may not look like you, but he sure does want to be like you - and that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. 

 No one makes H laugh more than his dad. 

candy card gift for Father's Day

Logan teaching H to run on our Father's Day walk



And, here's to our dads - for being our heroes. For their unfailing love, giving hearts, and patient listening.


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I loved it Abby! I'm grateful also for a patient and fun husband and future father. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More kids into the mix...is that our clue that you are pregnant? Never noticed that Hudson doesn't look like his daddy until you posted on your blog! I just thought that if Logan was Asian, he would look like Hudson :~)

    ReplyDelete