12 month old stats:
Weight: 18 pounds and 12 ounces (13th percentile)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (36th percentile)
A few things about H....
- He is busy. Very busy. He moves constantly. The only time he sits still is if I put a movie/show on to watch, but he only sits for about 5 minutes and then he is done. Maybe I am not picking the good ones. Any suggestions?
- He loves to play. What kid doesn't? Favorite toys include: corn popper (birthday present), cars, and balls.
- He gives the sweetest, slobber-filled kisses. We will ask for kisses and he opens his whole mouth as he comes in for the kiss. A little gross, but cute too.
- He is learning so quickly. He knows how to fold his arms for prayer, covers his ears when it is too loud, can play peek a boo with his blanket, and lifts his hands up over his head when we say, "how big is Hudson? Sooo big!!"
- He doesn't walk. He runs. And yes, he runs away from us and thinks it is so funny. When will he learn to come back?
- He is drinking whole milk. We switched him over about a week before his actual birthday (so glad we don't have to buy any more formula). He is doing great with it! He has about 6 ounces of milk about 3-4 times a day. He is still drinking from a bottle, and we will slowly transition him into taking milk from a sippy. I don't think that will be hard as he drinks water in his sippy cup already.
- He takes one long nap during the day. He'll go down any time between 12:30-1PM and get up around 3PM. I love love love one nap a day! It is easier to plan around, and he sleeps so well for that time.
- He is eating so well. His favorites are eggs, rice, pasta, grapes, goldfish, raisins, broccoli, and graham crackers. He hates juice which I am happy about since I don't want to give him any more sugar; he's already a pretty hyper kid.
- He is super cuddly right before bed time. I love getting that cuddling time, but sometimes it can last for awhile and then he doesn't want to sleep.
- He is fearless. He will bump his head, trip and fall, get a bloody lip, and get right back up. Of course, crying does occur but never for that long. Seriously. This kid is so brave.
Happy 1st Birthday, Hudson bear! We love you!
Don't you just love those squint eyes when he laughs? We sure do!
SO big in his big boy car seat
Being silly with mom
Baby who sleeps past 9AM with his bum in the air = best mornings ever
Blurry picture, but you can get an idea of how much he likes to drag this thing around
Reading a book with dad
Reading a book with dad
Covering his ears because it was too loud with all the family in town during his birthday week
I keep a journal for H that is separate from this blog where I write him letters. I started writing in it way before he was born and have continued with it ever since. I will give him the journal one day when the timing is right. Here is what I wrote to him on his first birthday:
Our dearest Hudson,
I can't believe it is exactly a year since you entered this world! You surprised us with how fast you came and how big you were (7 pounds and 11 ounces). You continue to surprise us every day. You are growing at an astonishing rate, and never cease to amaze us in reaching milestones - many of those were a lot earlier than we thought. We love watching you play with your little friends, feed yourself, put yourself to sleep, laugh, and run your little heart out.
Thank you for the sweet kisses you give us, for the squint eye smiles, for resting your head on our shoulders every night, for the overwhelming hugs, and for the love you so freely give. We hope you know how much we completely adore you and how proud we are of you. You are everything to us. We just wanted you to know that on your birthday. You fill our hearts with joy, excitement, warmth, and a whole lot of love.
Happy Birthday, sweet boy.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow??!! It's so much fun to watch them grow and you get excited to see what they are going to do next, BUT at the same time, you don't want them to grow up too fast. :)
ReplyDelete