But. I am seriously SO excited for the fall. You see, last year around this time I was a brand new momma. I rarely got out of the house so I missed out on many fall related things - NC state fair, corn mazes, camping, pumpkin carving, planning Halloween costumes, and a bunch of other things. This year is going to be different. We are definitely NOT missing the state fair; people talk about that the whole year through down here. It is a big deal. I'm also planning more cohesive Halloween costumes for us this time around. And, we are going to find a giant pumpkin to carve. Maybe we will get around to finally going on a camping trip post-baby too.
Here is what our last week of August looked like:
As you can see, Hudson is still wishing he was at the beach (and his parents feel the same).
But playing at Pullen Park sure brought a lot of smiles and sand in places we didn't want.
Trying on fall/winter clothes at J.Crew.
As cute as H looked in that tan jacket, there was NO way we were going to dish out $150 for it.
Good thing Hudson can't talk yet, otherwise I'm sure he would have begged for it right?
Browsing the Disney store for costumes.
Too overpriced and not very good quality stuff. But wait, isn't that what Halloween costumes are?
H thought the Hulk's fist gloves were awesome though.
This kid loves popcorn, and I feel like a bad mom for giving him such an unhealthy snack.
But, whatever, popcorn is addicting. And we are suckers for it.
Going on walks and feeding the ducks (who get way too close for comfort, especially when H eats the bread instead of sharing).
Bouncing around and going down slides at Monkey Joes.
Really glad Logan had the day off so he could go with us.
No make-up and no blow-drying hair days (haven't used a blow dryer in about a year, just air dry).
It's amazing how much more time I have when I don't fuss over how I look.
It's awesome. I'm learning to embrace it.
Getting excited about college sports, especially BYU football.
Cute kid. And look at those peppers! Growing!
We did such a good job with our mini-garden this summer.
At the N.C. Museum of Art on a Friday night.
Our favorite piece of art? The Hudson Exhibit: Sitting Still.
Rare treat.
This is what H is doing around 5:30 every night. Watching Yo Gabba Gabba (trippy show, but he loves it) while I make dinner.
Fat cute kid eating his ice cream at Coldstone. We had a buy one get one free coupon (love those)!
It's hard to teach him to eat things one at a time when it comes to popcorn.
Heck, it's hard with anything. This kid loves food. Too bad he doesn't gain much weight though. Must have a high metabolism like his parents, right?! ;)
Note: I realize that the ice cream and popcorn video are on the same day. What kind of mother gives her child unhealthy, but delicious snacks? Guilty.
It was such a fun, quick week! But we are ready for September AND the fall season!!
Too overpriced and not very good quality stuff. But wait, isn't that what Halloween costumes are?
H thought the Hulk's fist gloves were awesome though.
This kid loves popcorn, and I feel like a bad mom for giving him such an unhealthy snack.
But, whatever, popcorn is addicting. And we are suckers for it.
Going on walks and feeding the ducks (who get way too close for comfort, especially when H eats the bread instead of sharing).
Bouncing around and going down slides at Monkey Joes.
Really glad Logan had the day off so he could go with us.
No make-up and no blow-drying hair days (haven't used a blow dryer in about a year, just air dry).
It's amazing how much more time I have when I don't fuss over how I look.
It's awesome. I'm learning to embrace it.
Getting excited about college sports, especially BYU football.
Cute kid. And look at those peppers! Growing!
We did such a good job with our mini-garden this summer.
At the N.C. Museum of Art on a Friday night.
Our favorite piece of art? The Hudson Exhibit: Sitting Still.
Rare treat.
This is what H is doing around 5:30 every night. Watching Yo Gabba Gabba (trippy show, but he loves it) while I make dinner.
Heck, it's hard with anything. This kid loves food. Too bad he doesn't gain much weight though. Must have a high metabolism like his parents, right?! ;)
Note: I realize that the ice cream and popcorn video are on the same day. What kind of mother gives her child unhealthy, but delicious snacks? Guilty.
It was such a fun, quick week! But we are ready for September AND the fall season!!
I like how in the coldstone video, hudsonis using the big spoon and Logan is using the tiny spoon!! Sounds like a fun week!
ReplyDelete