December 19, 2012

December things

My favorite thing in December is the opportunity we have to practice a little more giving, loving, and spreading holiday cheer because of the birth of our Savior. I love how the holidays bring people together, and after the terrible shooting in CT, we could use a little more unity and love. Here's what we've been up to these past few weeks:


Crafting:

 We made this darling handprint Christmas tree for family night a few Mondays ago.

 We made these star crayons as Christmas gifts.  

We talked about gifts we could give to Jesus this year in our Primary class. 
The children made this Christmas chain and put their ideas on each link.
We used it to decorate our tree. 


Baking:
My friend and I made sugar cookies for the sisters we visit teach. 

I made these delicious peanut blossoms (aka peanut butter cookies with kisses on top) for friends in our church congregation, and we delivered them as a family. 


Going out:
 Logan's work held a Christmas Party at a delicious Brazilian steakhouse called Brasa. 
It's similar to Tucanos, to all my Utah friends.  

We went on a sleigh ride one night. Too bad there wasn't any snow! 


Ugly Sweater Christmas Party:

 My friend, Christine (not pictured - her son got sick that night), and I hosted a party. It turned out really well considering the location got moved at the last minute and a lot of families couldn't come due to sickness and/or other obligations. We ate, played Minute to Win it Games, and had a really great time with friends. 

 We also got some pretty good awkward family photos that we can submit to the website now.
I have no words for this particular one.  

We didn't have to decorate much for the party since this is what our place looks like in December. 
It is so pretty.

 Cupcakes made by my friend, Cari. Gingerbread cupcakes with eggnog frosting. 

I thought these were the cutest salt and pepper shakers. I found them at Harris Teeter for a dollar each. Score! 

Logan made wassil. (I pronounce it "WAS-SIL")
It was yummy!

Being home together:

 With all the holiday traveling for Thanksgiving and soon Christmas, it has been nice just being home and enjoying our family of three. 

How grateful I am for my darling family. I love them so much!
We are excited to spend Christmas in VA with ALL of our family. It will be such a fun time. We are looking forward to it. It will be busy, but we figure we can hibernate later! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun filled month! You are an awesome mommy! Merry Christmas to you and your families. enjoy the time in VA. Wish we could meet up sometimes for our boys to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete