April 15, 2013

Second Pregnancy

This second pregnancy has been smooth sailing, for the most part. The first couple weeks I was just tired and did nothing all day. I felt bad for Hud because we stayed inside and I let him watch way too many movies/shows while I lounged on the couch, and then Logan would get home from work and I'd still be on the couch while he made us dinner (best husband ever). Luckily, that only happened for about two weeks and then I decided to get moving and out of the house.

At about 15 weeks, I am feeling pretty great! I still try to take naps with Hudson during the day, but most of the time I get up before he does and can still get things done (he's been a GREAT napper lately - about 2-3 hours every afternoon).

I'm still with the same practice (the one that delivered Hudson) and I love them. It's a practice with midwives and doctors, which is really reassuring for me. I love seeing my midwives. They are the best - always really personable, caring, attentive, and I feel like they really listen and give encouraging feedback. It's such a blessing to have a warm, friendly practice to go too. It's called Triangle Physicians for Women, in case any of my local friends are interested. For those of you wondering, yes, I am going for another natural birth. Hudson's birth was such a positive, empowering experience. It was a dream labor and delivery for me! You can read about it here. I am really hoping to have the same kind of experience, but I know that is not always the case so I am making sure to keep an open mind through all of this.

One thing that I feel like I did better with the last pregnancy is exercising. I was going to the gym and taking my group exercise classes (Pilates, Yoga, and PiYO) right into my third trimester. With this pregnancy, I feel so lazy but chasing my 20 month old around is plenty of "exercise" right? I'm going to try to do better, especially now that the weather is nicer and there is a nice lake where we can take walks in the mornings. I'm also going to start doing Pilates again from home or put in my pregnancy workout DVD (the one Logan hates). I think because I was actively exercising I was able to go through an intense, quick labor with Hudson without any medication. I know it might not be the same way with baby #2, but I definitely want to make sure I am prepared on my part - that means exercising and staying active.

The next thing is eating. I think Logan and I are pretty healthy eaters, so this won't be too difficult. I am really loving my fruit this time around and meat. Not really loving my veggies, except for baby carrots, corn, and bell peppers. I don't think I have eaten a salad since I found out I was pregnant. I don't know, but the taste of lettuce just doesn't appeal to me right now. I'm sure I'll try again soon. It's so weird though because we almost always have a salad with dinner every night, but it has been awhile since I've made one. Again, lettuce sounds gross right now. Maybe I should try spinach salads.

And as far as weight gain, I've gained a pound so far. I'm thinking I'll gain it all in the end, just like last time.

Girl/Boy predictions? Let's hear it. Both of our families are saying GIRL. I want to believe it, but something in my mind says boy. Probably because we don't have any boy names. We are hoping to find out early - around 17 or 18 weeks. That means soon!

And, here are baby bump pictures. Like I said, not too much now.....but get ready for the whale of a surprise coming soon. Did I mention I'm going to be pregnant during the hot, humid summer? Yeah, really looking forward to that. ;) At least we have a community pool, so I'm sure that is where I'll be the whole summer (Hudson will love it too, I'm sure).

 12 weeks

almost 15 weeks

4 comments:

  1. Looking cute! I like that pink on you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I am super excited for you guys. The biggest thing I am worried about when we get pregnant with #2 is the exercising thing. I was teaching and so I was up and moving ALL day with Lydia. I think it will take some serious motivation to be as active the second time around. But I really do attribute how good my pregnancy was to how active I was. I'm sure you will do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I loved our midwives....midwives are the best!! We did Hypnobirthing and this helped me sooo much to have a natural labor and delivery. I loved how empowering it was and that it allowed David to be so involved. If you are interested I can give you more information on it. Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara! I did not know you had a natural birth with E. How amazing! I had such a great experience with Hudson going naturally; I sometimes wish more women were open to experiencing the empowerment and depth of how much their bodies can really do.

      We did the Bradley Method (husband coached natural childbirth). It was probably the best decision we made because I felt so confident in my body and what I needed to do, plus having Logan there was amazing! I looked into Hypnobirthing as well, and I think it is great (just wasn't what we were looking for). I'm so glad it worked for you!!

      Delete