August 14, 2013

Update on baby girl

We are hitting the home stretch. I am 32 weeks today! I will start going to my appointments every 2 weeks from now on. Baby girl looks completely healthy and right on track for her due date of October 9th.

A few things about baby girl and third trimester pregnancy...
  • She is not as active as Hudson was in my belly (hopefully that will remain the same once she is here). :)
  • She has a name! We're 98% sure. It's been one we have liked since I was pregnant with Hudson and it's just stuck with us. Plus, Hudson has the cutest little nickname for her and says it in the sweetest voice which makes it hard to think of a better name. We will announce her name on the blog and FB once she's born. Here are names that have been on our list (or more like my list, since Logan is very selective and only likes a few), in no particular order: 
Elaine (Elle)
Caroline
Amelia
Sophie
Lyla
Kaycie
Reese
Gwendolyn (Gwen)
  • My back is killing me. That's my only complaint about this pregnancy. I'm so thankful for Logan and all the back rubs he has given me. I was recommended by my midwife to go see a chiropractor for an adjustment, but I'm a little nervous to do so just from all the horror stories I've heard. 
  • Second babies are less expensive than first babies, that's for sure! We are re-using just about everything we used for Hudson with the exception of clothing (obviously) and blankets (since it doesn't seem likely Hudson will be willing to share his). The only big purchase we have made is our Phil and Teds stroller with doubles kit - absolutely love it!
  • We have a few big projects that we want to get done before she gets here including painting a dresser/changing table and possibly the crib too (if I can convince Logan to do all that painting for me). And a few smaller projects for me to do that involve sewing - breastfeeding cover, car seat cover, and (eventually) a blessing dress. 
  • I gained about 10 pounds in 4 weeks. Pretty impressive, I think. I wasn't lying when I said I gain everything at the end. Weight gain has been normal though - about 22 pounds so far. 
  • My birth plan is written down and ready to go, but my midwives are pretty clear on what I would like happen, and what I would like happen if things don't go accordingly. I'm registered at the hospital and pediatrician is selected (same as Hudson's). Just need to get the car seat installed and hospital bag ready, in case I go into labor mega-fast like I did the first time.  
  • The reality of having TWO kids is kicking in. I think I will be able to handle the newborn stage a lot better this time around since I will know what to expect, but what worries me is having to split my attention between an active toddler and a needy newborn. Luckily, I will have my mom and then my mother-in-law visiting for a few weeks, and friends who have offered to help until I get the hang of things.   

at 28 weeks

baby bump
at 32 weeks


Less than 2 months until baby girl's arrival!
We are getting excited!

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful with that baby bump. So glad things are going well for you guys. Can't wait to you reveal baby girl's name. I think you will be a fabulous mommy of 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I love all of those names. I'm hoping that you choose Lyla (I think that is darling) - but I also love Gwendolyn and Reese. Any name you pick will be perfect. Again, I'm so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, having 2 kids isn't that hard. Do you have a Moby wrap or carrier? There are a few DIY pattens on Pinterest. I love my DIY moby wrap. I wore the twins in it all the time so I could take care of Iain. You a great mom and I can't wait to see which name you pick for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete