October 9, 2013

first two weeks home

We were blessed to have my mom stay with us for a week (before and after baby came), and then my mother-in-law came for a week after my mom left. It was so nice having them here to help, especially with keeping Hudson entertained.

This is the first week I have BOTH kids to myself. With Logan being in graduate school full-time, we decided that he shouldn't take too many days off and risk getting behind in school (he only took two days off). The exciting thing is he will be done soon enough - he started in June and will be done in April!!!

We've been lucky enough to have people in our church congregation help with bringing meals and watching Hudson in the mornings. It's been such a comfort knowing I have friends to support me as I adjust to life with two kiddos.

We went to Amelia's two week appointment and she is back to her birth weight. She is nursing great - hallelujah! I had such a hard time with getting Hudson to nurse, so I worried I would have the same problem with Amelia, but that is not the case and I am so very grateful!

Here are her 2 week stats:

Weight: 8 pounds 5 ounces (51%)
Height: 20 1/2 inches (59%)

Hudson is doing okay with the adjustment. I think it will take some time and things will gradually get easier. It's amazing how big he seems to me now that I have a newborn too. He's finally learned not to poke her which is great! The first time he held her was so funny. I put her in his lap making sure to support her head. He was so sweet and kept saying "Hi Mia! Hi Mia!" but then after about 5 seconds he said, "Mia poop. Mia pee. Pee Ewee" and then just shoved her at me. She wasn't even poopy. He was just done holding her. Silly kid! Oh, and the other day he thought it was funny to spit in her face. Ahhh! Like I said, he is slowly learning and I'm sure it will take some time.

Here are a few pictures from the last two weeks (it's out of order, sorry)....



pretty in pink!


sneak peek from the newborn photo shoot

love these two cute kids!



already claiming her spot as daddy's girl


such a cuddle bug


love her sweet smile

sibling love

kisses for Mia


Grammy and Hud leaving on an adventure to the museum





Video: @ 1 week old (October 2nd)

@ 2 weeks old (October 9th - her due date)

2 comments: