February 5, 2015

Christmas 2014

Ok, so Christmas.....

We had our church ward Christmas party complete with a nice dinner and program. It was a fun time. I kind of like our small ward; it sure makes things really cozy and special when we all get together. The kids really liked being part of the nativity story.





Then we had our Christmas program at church. I sure love the Christmas season and being able to celebrate the Savior's birth. He truly is THE gift and because of Him I get the sweet opportunity to be with my family forever. 







This was our second time staying home for Christmas. We loved it. It's so nice waking up in our own beds and having it be Christmas morning. It's so magical. I especially love getting everything ready for Christmas. I know that might be overwhelming for some, but I really enjoy sending/receiving Christmas cards, cleaning, cooking/baking, shopping, etc. It's such a fun time of the year and sometimes I wish it would last longer.

We were so lucky to have my brother come down from Virginia to visit. He had a few days off work, so he stayed for a couple of days which was so nice! We loved having him in Charlotte with us.

Hudson LOVED helping make sugar cookies. We made a lot this year! He was definitely part of the whole process. It was messy, but watching him get excited about helping made it worth it. 

rolling the dough

Our Christmas themed mantle

We were bummed about not having ANY snow. So, we made this snowman on the door. He's been up all winter.

mailing a letter to Santa at the library

We also went to the Ballantyne Hotel for the Gingerbread Lane. So fun! 

This was one of our favorites! So pretty!

Frozen themed Gingerbread house

Christmas Eve. pizza making for dinner -- yummy! 
We like this pizza making tradition because the kids love it so much, and it's EASY!


opening up jammies from Grammy and Grandpa Corbett

cutest little elves

This is one of my favorite pictures from Christmas!

Elf family

After Christmas Eve dinner and getting in our jammies, we got in the car and drove to Hillard St. for this neighborhood light display. It was so cool. 


Christmas Eve magic 

Christmas morning -- Amelia was up super early, so Logan woke up with her and they played in her room. Well, Logan fell back asleep by accident and woke up to clattering downstairs. She had made her way down the stairs (a FIRST) and found her stocking. So sweet. 

 Christmas morning -- we had the missionaries over for breakfast and played with some of the new toys the kids got. 
Amelia loves this new toy of hers. 

Christmas afternoon -- Uncle Tommy got Hudson his new bike helmet, so we went for a walk to Romare Bearden. 

at Romare Bearden showing Tommy the city

love this girly and that city behind her



The Saturday after Christmas, we took Tommy on a little day hike at Kings Mountain about 45 minutes away. It was a beautiful day for December. It was a 4 mile hike total, and we were so glad to have my brother with us. Hudson was such a trooper for doing most of the walking, but he got tired at the end and we had to take turns carrying him. Next time we will get another backpack. 







Next post: New Years Eve in Raleigh! (Almost done posting about 2014 -- sorry for the delay)

2 comments:

  1. I want to check out Kings Mountain sometime. Thanks for the tip. Your family is the cutest! I love the Christmas pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, your instagram post on Christmas Eve was one of my very favorites. Just seeing the picture of the Christmas Eve Magic again makes me so happy. You are the sweetest little family.

    ReplyDelete