December 5, 2015

Anniversary Weekend

I can't believe it's been 6 years since THIS:

May 23, 2009
We were so young (me - 21, Logan - 22) and in love!


And we still are. Minus the young part. Right? ;) 


I'm telling you marriage just gets better with time. Yes, it gets crazy and hard sometimes -- but I think we make a seriously awesome team. I am so proud of us and the kind of life we have created together in the last 6 years.

We had an eventful anniversary weekend (also Memorial Day weekend) -- dog sitting, date night, Hud's lemonade stand, and boating. Whew!


Dog sitting -- Our friends, the Baggetts, went out of town for the weekend and asked us to watch their puppy. Of course, we said yes! The kids love Chester! They haven't stopped asking for a dog since. ;)







Family lunch -- We went to play frisbee with church friends Saturday morning (May 23) and then went on a family lunch date to Panera's. I love this family of mine!

Lemonade stand -- Later that Saturday after naps, Hudson set up his lemonade stand. He had been saving his money to buy fishing gear for our summer trip out to Utah. Such a cute little entrepreneur! He was out there for over 2 hours and made about $50 (thanks to some very generous people). I just love love love our city and the people -- southern hospitality at it's finest!


Sorry, not a better picture. I was inside making more lemonade. This sweet couple drove by, saw Hud's lemonade stand, and then did a illegal U-turn to grab some lemonade. Seriously. The wonderful people here! :) 


Date night -- Our regular babysitter (Ally) came over to watch the kids while we went out for our anniversary dinner and movie. We walked into the city. It was a beautiful night! We got sushi (our favorite) and headed to the movie theatre down the street (my pick -- Pitch Perfect 2). More anniversary celebrating to come in later posts -- a trip to NYC!!




Boating -- Monday afternoon, we headed out to Mountain Island Lake (about 20 mins away) with some friends. We did some tubing, swimming, fishing, and wakeboarding. Beautiful day. Love playing at the lake!

. 








No comments:

Post a Comment