June 11, 2016

Pre-Christmas events

I love getting our family ready for Christmas. It's such a special time and we really like to focus on family and our Savior during this time. We also squeeze in a few fun activities and events too.

One of my favorite things we did this year was pick out our real Christmas tree. We started this last year, and we did it again this year. I think we will always stick to a real tree. I love how it fills our home with the Christmas scent. It's so magical! We found the cutest little Christmas tree lot really close to our house and went for family night to pick one out. Hudson was the cutest and wanted to pick out the best tree. We looked and looked, and then Hudson finally found THE one! He was so serious about it and kept saying, "I'm guarding our tree so no one takes it!" while Logan went to get someone to help us get it to the car. The kids also had fun running through the trees and playing tag. It was too fun. 










Our church hosted a Community Nativity Festival. There were a bunch of nativities from around the world, evening performances, and fun crafts for the kids. It is one of our favorite events and I'm so glad we were able to go. 









Logan's company had their annual holiday party at the Filmore. It was a fun night of dressing up, eating delicious food, getting to visit with his co-workers, and being part of a toy-drive for charity. So fun! 




We got an annual membership to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens and went one evening to explore the place. I wish I would have known Santa was going to be there (I would have prepped the kids and gotten them dressed a little better...oh well). This place was all decked out in Christmas decorations and lights. It was beautiful and we all had a great time! 








We joined a new ward in September (see here for more details). Since that time, we have been welcomed into a great, new ward with lots of new friends. We were invited to a Ugly Sweater Glam party a few weeks before Christmas, and it was a great time hanging out with these new friends (without kids) and getting to know everyone a little better. We also participated in the white elephant gift exchange (we brought a beta fish -- so funny). Also, Logan was the best sport ever because I could NOT find a outfit for him at the last minute, so elf pajamas and women's knee-high socks for the win! 




We made gingerbread houses for family night. I think we ate more of the candy than putting candy on the house, but that is what is suppose to happen. :) Oh, and prior to gingerbread house making I let the kids play with markers and color on a box. Great idea, right? Well, the kids sure thought so (they ended up coloring on each other's face)!







Hudson's Christmas program at preschool was the cutest thing ever. Logan couldn't make it because of a meeting at work, but Amelia and I had a great time watching the program. Hudson was adorable and did such a great job! 




Video: Away in a Manger

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you're blogging!! A real tree is the only way to go. They're the best! And we love DSBG! We used to go there all of the time and we miss it.

    ReplyDelete