October 18, 2019

Now or Never

It's hard to believe that I've neglected this blog for so long, but at the same time I'm not sorry for not posting on here. Time has absolutely flown by, and most of my keepsaking is through Instagram these days. I've had this thought for a few months now -  to start writing again. I feel like there can be more details on here that can't be shared on a simple Instagram caption.

Sometimes I struggle with staying present and documenting moments. It's such a balance for me, but at the same time, as I look back on the years of blogging I did on here - I am so grateful I did the documenting when I did. It is fun to look back and share our family history. It's been fun showing my own kids this blog and all the videos and photos.

So, with that said, I am going to write about where we are currently, instead of trying to go back to document almost 2-3 years worth of history and life. Many of our previous adventures can be found on my IG handle (@abbycorbett or @corbettfamilymemories).

Here's a quick recap since I last posted in 2017 (but technically that last post was about 2016 since I was way behind in blogging even then) 😆....

As of October 2019, we live in Charlotte, NC and we bought a house (August 2017). It's a older home that was partly remodeled, so we have put in many hours to make this house a home. It's been an adventure, and we have learned so much through the process. Our 3 kids are growing up so quickly (Hudson = 8, Amelia = 6, and Eleanor = 3). 2 of the 3 kids are in elementary school, and Eleanor is in a 2x week preschool program. We also got a puppy in February 2018. He's a Aussiedoodle named Otis (yes, that's a family name on the Corbett side - long story - but basically it's a name we liked but would never use for our children. Ha!) Logan is working as a manager for a consulting firm and also does consulting as a side gig for a company based out of Raleigh. As for me, I started training to become a birth doula in December 2017 and have been taking births ever since - I have now attended over 20 births as a doula.

Life just keeps moving, and we continue to build this family of ours little by little.

Our last family pictures from October 2018


Our last family pictures from October 2018 

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to see that you had posted again! Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete