June 19, 2009

boredom at its finest

I've been in a weird mood lately and I just feel like I'm stuck in limbo. I don't have a job yet, so I've been on the job hunt for over a week now and it's been a frustrating thing. Although, things are starting to look up since...I had one interview this past Wednesday. I also have another interview on Monday. So, we'll see what happens. Wish me luck =)

Mostly, it's been frustrating because living in Utah is a "whole new world" (think Aladdin movie). I miss Virginia sometimes. In Virginia, I ALWAYS had something to do. Life was a lot faster there. There was something constantly going on. I am so used to being on-the-go and not having enough time to do things. Here in Utah, though, I have more time on my hands and I don't like it. I get so bored. Logan says I should be grateful because sooner or later I won't have that much time so I should just enjoy it now....easy for him to say....he's busy working all the time while I am at home sleeping in, reading, getting fat (since I'm opening our pantry door every 10 minutes to look for food), playing online games, looking at wedding pictures, stalking people on Facebook, and organizing the apartment. Haha, I'm pathetic. Is this what being married is suppose to be like? I don't think so!! Maybe I should just have a baby that way I'll have someone to keep me company and something to do all the time....just kidding! No kids right now!!

Our neighborhood is full of little babies and toddlers. There's even a cute little Asian family that lives below us. Cutest kids. I keep telling Logan that I need to meet more of our neighbors so here was my idea.....

I found this flyer on our front door the other day...it was for a summer activity (so I got so excited!!) I love activities. But, then, I realized that the activity was for mothers and children....it's called the Bubble Blast where the children get to play with bubbles for an hour. Doesn't that sound fun? Well, I wanted to go but I don't have a child so I was telling Logan that maybe I could borrow one of those Asian babies from our neighbor's and go. I thought it was a brilliant idea! Logan just laughed at me. Needless to say, I did not borrow a baby....but I think I'll just go buy a wand and bubbles to blow off our balcony...by myself. sigh.

I need some friends/hobbies/etc...etc... Seriously!

4 comments:

  1. Just dress logan up in a diaper and bonnet and give him a pacifier. That should work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Abby I love your friends comment. I understand about the loneliness-we just moved to Stafford. Luckily it's not to far from home or Mary Wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!!! I went to the bubble blast with a friend and her kids. You should have come!!! We can hang!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Abby, you are so funny. Logan is right, enjoy your time while you can. Pretty soon, you'll get super busy with a job and life just takes over. I would LOVE to just have all that time. Learn to cook and try new recipes! I'm sure Logan would love that.

    ReplyDelete