July 28, 2009

visiting Grandma & Grandpa Corbett

This past weekend (7/24 - 7/26), Logan and I along with our friends (John & Allison) went down to Central, UT (about 45 minutes or so away from St. George) to visit Grandma & Grandpa Corbett. Aunt Chris & her son, Jamien, were down there visiting too. We had so much fun visiting them. They are the BEST plus Grandma cooks the best food ever and we pretty much ate the whole weekend. Yummy food! I had a massive "food baby" the whole time I was there, really. It was just so fun and relaxing being down there. They have the cutest house and we got to do so many fun things! We went to a couple reservoirs, hot tubbing, went on a picnic up in Pine Valley, and went to a rodeo--where Logan and I got to be in the Donkey Watermelon Race (see video below)--it was so fun & way hard. Donkeys are not very cooperative. I fell off the donkey twice & hit my head pretty hard. Ouch! I still have a little bump on the back of my head. We didn't win, but it was still really fun...our donkey was cute. We named her Buttercup.


We went cliff jumping at Gunlock--so scary but I'm glad I did it! Allison & I made the guys tread water until we were ready to jump off the cliff (about 30 ft). Everyone kept saying I had to jump or I wasn't a TRUE Corbett...the nerve of them! The guys were probably treading water for about an hour before Allison & I decided to jump. They are troopers. At one point, another group came up because they wanted to jump so I kept telling them they could go first because I didn't want to jump just yet....then this older man came up behind me and kept saying to Logan down in the water "I'm going to push your wife of the cliff" and Logan just kept saying "Do it...please!" The man just kept getting closer to me and I was getting so nervous because I didn't want him to push me off, so I ended up jumping because I didn't want to be pushed! Logan was really grateful to that man, otherwise, I would have been up there for another hour or so. Logan along with his cousin Jaimen ended up jumping off the biggest cliff there (about 50 ft). I was impressed! I'm glad I have such a brave husband =)

We also played a bunch of games, ate delicious homemade Strawberry ice cream, and watched Mighty Ducks! We also went to church on Sunday and Grandma wanted Allison & I to sing in the choir so we did...although, I'm a horrible singer! Overall, it was such a fun weekend and we're so glad Allison & John came down with us. They are so much fun to be around. We're so excited for them...they get married in less than 3 weeks!


If we could, we would definitely go visit Grandma & Grandpa Corbett every weekend....



Here's the video of our Donkey Watermelon Race:

5 comments:

  1. Abby! I love your blog. It's so cute. I feel like I relate to you really well... because we are in the same stage of life right now. :) It makes me happy to see you so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-ma and G-pa are always good hosts, I'm jealous, I love being with them. They told me it was fun to have live people at there house. I'm glad that you had a great time. The Corbett's do know how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you guys have a blog!!! You two are one of the cutest couples I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great time with family. Hope you are enjoying married life! (What's not to love about it right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cliff jumping? Abby we will have to do that when I visit you! That sounds like such a fun trip!

    PS the code to enter a comment is "war fug"
    Ha!

    ReplyDelete