We're back in Provo!! We had a lovely drive out here...we stopped in Virginia to see family before we left! I helped move my brother into his dorm room at the University of Mary Washington (UMW). He will be playing soccer there and he LOVES it!
Located in Fredericksburg, VA.
We took a trip into D.C. with our friends, the Meijomes. It was a blast. We went to a few museums, memorials, and lastly the ZOO! It was a ton of fun! I still need to get pictures from that trip, so be patient with me. We also played games and celebrated birthdays with the Corbett's and then on our last night, my parents hosted a goodbye dinner for us. All in all, it was one of our favorite trips home! It was so nice to see everyone and we had an amazing time!
playing Twister with family & friends
birthday cake for the Corbetts' with August-September birth dates!
Logan and his mama
On our drive out, we stopped in Nauvoo and Carthage Jail for two days. It was my first time there and I loved it. It was incredible and so historical.
Nauvoo (LDS) Temple
Life in Provo....
Logan started his first day back at school TODAY! You should have seen his face when I got home from work...he loves being in school!! He's taking many Economic classes and a Russian class. He is hoping to get fluent in Russian so that he'll be able to know 3 different languages (English, Spanish, and Russian). This will help him get a boost when applying to the State Department. Yay! He's also working two jobs! Amazing!
on his first day of school (yes, I made him take this picture)!
I started working the day we got back from our long across country drive (crazy, I know) but it's been pretty steady at the high school. I'm so glad to be back! Logan actually has a job with Alpine School District too; he works right across the street from me. SO nice! I start grad school again on Sept 2nd. I just finished my 3rd class and have about 8 more to go until I get that lovely MASTER'S DEGREE!!!!
Logan and I will be finishing school around the same time (December 2011). We are slowly, but surely getting there. Just another year and a half!! We can do it!! It will be a crazy Fall semester with us both working and going to school, but I'm sure we will manage (we always do)! We have a bunch of new goals, projects, trips, and activities coming up so check back to see what is going on in the Corbett House!
Thanks for reading our blog, to the few that do, you all are great!!
We love you!
I'm glad you made it back to Provo safely. I love that you made Logan take a picture on his first day of school....LOL. Now you'll have to do it every semester and when he graduates, you can put a collage together!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with school and work! Hope you guys have an awesome semester!
Welcome back to Utah! Good luck with school and work and everything in between. Things are so crazy at this time of life, but they always seem to work out. I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeleteReading your blog keeps us up to date with your journey...it's been a long time since we last saw you. Must be nice to be soooooo busy that taking a step back to reflect will make you really tired...you have to keep moving, moving, moving! Good luck with school...it's perfect timing for both you and Logan to finish at the same time :)
ReplyDeleteHey, you have several followers on your blog...Have you read mine? I'm slowly working on it and will have more time once Ethan starts school!
Enjoy your year and good luck with all of your projects!