September 1, 2010

Cooking Project

One of my goals in life is to be a good cook, just like my mama. Unfortunately, being as good as my mom will probably never happen. She is just too good of a cook. Seriously. So, I have decided to at least try to be better at cooking by making more of an effort! 

We were doing pretty well in Provo last school year trying different recipes (mainly because we were watching the Food Network everyday), but the summer really dampened my cooking opportunities. We were too busy going out to eat, enjoying the beach, and all that jazz to really try any new recipes. Well, now that we are back in Provo...I am determined to get into a cooking frenzy! Here's what Logan and I came up with....we want to use a different ingredient every week (something that we don't normally eat) and try at least one NEW recipe with it. 

I am excited to get started! Logan and I love cooking, so this will be a fun project for us but we need some ideas! What are some ingredients we should use? I already have a few ingredients in mind, but I would love to hear your suggestions! So, let me know!! I am going to be trying a new recipe using CUCUMBERS in the next few days! So, be on the look out for my next blog post....

6 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I've been participating in a food co-op for the last few months and tend to get a new or newish item that I haven't cooked with or prepared. If you'd like more info, just find me at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you start off learning and practicing and before you know it you'll be beyond awesome!!
    This is a great goal and talent to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember one thing...if at first you don't succeed, try and try again...and oh...have lots of friends around to test your stuff..it's fun to cook for others...at least, that's what I remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be just as good as your mom! I have no doubt about that! Just keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cooking project! I suggest looking up the website: www.eatbetteramerica.com Bon appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I will keep practicing my cooking skills! You guys are the best blogging buddies! And, Gillian, thanks for that website suggestion! I love hearing about new cooking blogs!

    ReplyDelete