February 10, 2012

Little Man Baby Shower

Hope and Jason were some of the first friends we made in our church ward here in Raleigh. It was so exciting to find out that Hope was having a baby - they actually told us the news a day before Hudson was born. Hope is also one of the girls I visit teach. She is so friendly, creative, and makes the BEST Oreo truffles.

I decided to throw Hope a "little man" baby shower with the help of a few friends in the ward. Little did I know that it would involve so much time and effort. But it was a lot of fun planning and stressing over. It turned out to be a HUGE success! We had over 40 people attend! Here are some of the pictures from my camera. I'm still waiting for more, but you can get a general idea of how it turned out. Most of the ideas came straight from Pinterest.

 Isn't that banner the cutest? It was so simple to make - just scrapbook paper and letters cut out. 

 The mommy-to-be (Hope) with Hudson. Hope is so sweet and has watched Hudson for us on more than one occasion.

 We had the shower at a gorgeous home provided by one of Hope's previous Young Women's leader. 

 These pom poms were so easy to make and they added a pop of color to the room.

Not the best picture, but my friend Cari and I made all the guests a bow tie to wear during the shower and to take home. 

This is the car seat cover I made for Hope. She picked out the fabric and I went at it. It is so cute. I almost wanted to keep it for myself because I think it turned out so much better than the one I made Hudson (probably because I'm getting better at sewing). 

So, there you have it. 
It was an awesome baby shower!
We are so excited for Hope and Jason to welcome their little man into the world!

2 comments: