May 29, 2012

Hudson = 10 months

H is 10 months old now and he is all toddler! We just love this little stinker of ours. He is getting into everything (no matter how much we rearrange or baby proof); he finds new things to get into.

It's getting to the point where I want to start disciplining him, but is 10 months too young? Does he really understand what I am saying? I know that mother's intuition rules, but I'm all about researching online and talking to other moms. So, let me know - what worked or didn't work for your kid(s)? How did you start disciplining?

Some facts about the little guy...

  • He is walking like a pro. Seriously. No more Frankenstein arms. He can pivot, change direction, and carry toys/bottles/food while walking. This kid is going places!
  • He is eating "real" food consistently now - waffles, bread, eggs, chicken pieces, pasta, peas, green beans, etc. No more making "baby" food. His favorite food is still waffles. I make that for breakfast at least three times a week. However, he doesn't like any fruit besides bananas. I've tried strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and oranges but he won't eat them. Any suggestions on what to do? 
  • He can say "mama" and it melts my heart every time I hear it. 
  • He has 6 teeth and bites everything!! He started biting Logan and I a few weeks ago, but he's gotten better as we tell him not to do it. He also started grinding his teeth together - does/did your kid do this? 
  • He can clap his hands, give high fives, and on occasion will fold his arms for prayer. 
  • He recently found his tongue which keeps him pretty occupied. He likes to stick his tongue out and can make the funniest noises with it too. 
  • He does not like strangers picking him up. He likes to do things on his own terms, so he will walk to you when he wants to be picked up. But if you try picking him up and it's not Logan or I - he will be upset. Stranger danger!
  • He is such a people watcher. He loves watching what people do and will make eye contact with just about anybody. 
  • He is starting to get cuddly. He will lay his head on our shoulder when he is tired or gets upset. It is the cutest thing in the world and we love it! 
  • He has been getting use to the pool. He loves splashing and playing on the steps. He will get inside his tube and lounge in the water, but he would rather be in the pool with us holding him.
  • He would rather play than sleep. He absolutely LOVES to play and will do anything to keep himself awake, even when he is tired. He will start kicking his legs when he is tired just to stimulate his body to stay awake. 
We love you, Hudson bear!
Happy 10 months!!

 loves being outdoors - true Corbett!!

 sticking his tongue out

 playing in the water with daddy

 loves splashing

folding his arms for prayer

 making a fort with dad using the pack-n-play

loves cuddling with mom (well, sometimes)

 playing with his new tool area
It was a garage sale find and free!

our little Romeo

loves "reading" his books

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I love his little tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cuteness. My favorite is the one with him folding his arms. Matthew is starting to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so much older this month! He's so cute! I started disciplining Andrew when he started walking. It does seem young, but it's good to give them boundaries and to get used to "yes" or "no". It can be exhausting and frustrating some days, but it's all about consistency and it'll be worth it in the end! For example, I only let him play in 2 of the 5 cupboards in our kitchen and that was so nice! I still struggle and change how I discipline constantly trying to figure out what works for him as he gets older and his communication gets better. You'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete