It's amazing how much stuff there is to do in the Raleigh area. I am so glad we live here. It is a fun city with plenty to do. I know our families (mainly mine) want us to move back to Virginia, but honestly I am in love with Raleigh - no traffic, beautiful scenery, affordable housing, best parks, awesome museums, amazing church family, etc.
Just this week, we went to the Museum of Life and Science. It was our first time going in the 1 1/2 years that we have lived here, mainly because admission is $14 a person which is a little pricey for a museum if you ask me.
Well, we decided to just go and it did not disappoint - so much so that we ended up buying a membership - with the membership we also get into a lot of other museums and science centers throughout the country (including Sci-Works in Winston-Salem, museums in Richmond, VA and Pittsburgh, PA). Logan heard that we get free admission into the Carnegie Science Center with our passes (he's been talking about this place since we got married), and he was sold. Looks like a trip to Pittsburgh needs to happen within the year!
Anyway, back to this museum about 20 minutes away from us. It is AWESOME. There is a kiddie area, a mini-zoo, butterfly conservatory, train ride, Dinosaur trail, and Into the Mist in the summer. This place is so cool. We can't wait to go back, preferably when it isn't raining. Also, the best thing about the membership is that only one adult from the family has to be there. That means, I can bring a friend and he/she can get in for free! Best deal ever. Who wants to visit us in Raleigh?
the kiddie area
cutest wooden slide ever
Upstairs where all the science stuff was - this was a rotating magnet thing
It was fun until Logan set Hudson down on it and well...I'm sure you know the rest...
Hudson went spinning and rolling! Dads are so silly.
Petting Max the cow.
Hudson has a fun time mooing at him (yep, he knows what sound a cow makes - smart kid).
Outside after seeing the farm animals.
Building a tower with dad's help, of course!
This is so cute. It makes me think of the time I took Logan and his friend Dylan to the children's museum in Pittsburgh. I want to say he was 7 or so years old. That was a happy memory day, mostly because we went to a buffet after the museum and Logan's friend laughed so hard Jello came out his noes. I still have the screen prints we made that day. I should send them to you guys. I bet they'd be cute on the wall for Hudson to look at.
ReplyDelete