I had the idea to do Harry Potter for a couple months, but I never settled on the idea until a week before Halloween. I came up with the whole pattern for Hudson's costume on my own. Maybe I'll write out a tutorial one day, but just so you know it was pretty simple and cheap too - I got all of the materials for less than $10. Score! Needless to say, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I was super giddy all night after I finished making the costume - good thing we had plenty of opportunities for him to where it.
Let's start with our church ward's Halloween Party. There was a potluck dinner, games, and a trunk-or-treat. Plus, a few friends from our beloved Hogwarts.
Hands down, the two best looking wizards!
We decided to draw Hudson's HP glasses using my eyeliner because, let's be honest, there was no way he would have kept a real pair on the whole night.
Video of H on the way to the party. Listen to Logan talking about possible alternative Harry Potter titles. Funny stuff.
The whole fam decked out in HP attire.
H with his best bud, Ethan the cow.
Some friends from Hogwarts - Mad Eye Moody and Professor Umbridge (but really the Howingtons are the sweetest couple, he's in our Bishopric and she's stake RS president).
H found a broom behind the curtains on stage. Logan thought he should use it to fly, of course.
A few days later, and after Hurricane Sandy (luckily, we didn't get hit too bad - just rain and wind), it was Halloween! We went to a few neighborhoods close by with some friends from church - the Hills and Strawns, and then later met up with the Williams. It was a little cold, but so fun! Hudson loved it, especially with the lollipop and chocolates he got to eat. Lucky kid. And we had a fun time reaping all the benefits of having a kid in costume; we've got candy to last us a few weeks. Awesome.
I'm a tad biased, but I'm pretty sure this kid is the cutest Harry Potter ever.
A few days later Hudson's HP hair got chopped off. Finally!
Trick or Treating with the Williams
And, as if that wasn't enough, we went to a day after Halloween party (because that's when everything goes on sale - duh). Our friends threw it and we showed up bearing treats. But we decided to go low-key and be athletes instead of Harry Potter characters. This was the only picture I got...
Logan a red eyed, fiery, happy soccer player.
And Hudson, a cowboy baseball player.
I think it's safe to say we nailed it this Halloween!



All I have to say ADORABLE!!!!
ReplyDelete