October 3, 2014

Girls' trip to Williamsburg

Lucky me. I was able to have my FIRST ever weekend away from the kiddos. I know. I can't believe I've waited this long. It was much needed and long overdue, so I am very glad it worked out. BIG thanks to my awesome husband who held down the fort with the kids at home. He did great and the kids loved having him all weekend.

My two best friends from high school and I decided to do a girls' trip a few months ago, and we thought beginning August would be the best time. Unfortunately, my sweet friend Angelina was not able to join us. We missed her so much! Anna and I had a great time though. Can you believe it was my first time to Colonial Williamsburg (after living in Northern VA for most of my life)? Yeah, I couldn't believe I missed out on this gem when I was living so close.

What a beautiful place with so much history and depth. I really enjoyed being there and having Anna (she's been a million times) as a pseudo tour guide. We had such a fun time shopping, exploring, eating (Aromas and Christiana Campbell's were my favorites), and catching up. I love that girl and I'm so glad we are still friends after all these years. Thanks for a fun, relaxing trip Anna! Love you!


yeah, I know -- all my friends are taller than me


 Thomas Jefferson actor - he looked and talked like the real deal, pretty cool 




 eating dinner at the delicious Christiana Campbell's Tavern
still craving the crab cakes



No comments:

Post a Comment