October 9, 2014

Summer Odds and Ends

Before I post about the annual Corbett beach trip (the last hurrah before the summer ended), I wanted to post about some of the other "little" things we did throughout the summer. I will just let the pictures do the talking....

Summer concerts at Romare Bearden Park



our first 5k together -- ROC Race (obstacle race)


Playgroup feeding horses and picnic down by the lake





Playing so hard Hud fell asleep outside


At Discovery Kids in Huntersville -- we love this place!



I've been obsessed with having fresh flowers in the house. It helps that a cute Asian family sells them up the street. I would grab a bouquet every now and then throughout the summer. Gorgeous, huh?


 We made a quick trip to Raleigh to see friends. It was a fun reunion. 






 We went to Logan's company picnic at this really cool venue, Carrigan Farms. The kids loved getting their face painted, the caricature drawings, and moon bounces. I only wish we had gone swimming in the quarry; it looked so refreshing! 


 Hud didn't want to take a bath after we got home. 
He kept saying, "I want to be a tiger foreverrrrrr!"




 We were able to meet daddy for lunch a lot during the summer. It was always a treat.
The kids love pizza from Fuel. 


 We went to a Charlotte Knights baseball game one perfect night. It had just rained, so it wasn't too hot or humid. We were able to walk to the ballpark from our house. 


We spent a lot of time indoors at Imaginon (children's library) and Discovery Place (children's museum). 




We have been putting the new red wagon, Hud's birthday present from my family, to good use.
The kids love it (especially Mia from this picture). 


Freedom Park (one of our favorite parks) 

1 comment:

  1. I love summer! This post makes me miss summer already. I love how many fun things your little family has done.

    ReplyDelete