December 19, 2014

Amelia = 1

Only a few months late, but here is Amelia's 1 year post...

Our sweet angel baby turned 1 years old on September 25th. I still remember her "birth" day and holding her for the first time. She was such a chub from the get-go (not so much anymore). A pretty big baby (8 lbs 2 oz and 20 1/2 in) for a petite person like me. I remember my midwife saying that if I had made it to my due date (she came two weeks early) that she could have easily been 9 pounds. Oh man. I sure am glad she came early, even though I was kind of hoping for an October baby. Too many September birthdays in the Corbett family (Logan's parents, Logan's sister, and myself), but such is life and she made her debut in September too -- coming the same day that her Aunt Kate left on her mission.

I can't even believe that she is a year old already. It's been quite the year juggling two kids, but Amelia has been an angel baby since day 1 -- great eater, great sleeper, no fuss baby. Seriously.


12 month old stats:
Weight: 17 pounds and 13 1/2 ounces (18%)
Height: 28 1/2 inches (21%)

A few things about Amelia...

  • We like to call her Mia. I didn't always love this nickname. I really wanted everyone to call her Amelia, but then I realized pretty early on that Hudson couldn't say it so I told him to just call her Mia (my fault, I guess). Now it just sticks and I think she responds to that more than her actual name. Crazy. Hudson likes to call her Mia Bia or Mia Bee, and we do it too. 
  • She loves to eat. She will eat just about anything you put in front of her. Her favorite foods are Cherrios, carrots, rice, pasta noodles, green beans, applesauce, pita chips, and most fruits. She's more of my fruit and veggie kid, not like Hudson (who is my meat eating kid).
  • She is a great sleeper. I mean, she let me swaddle her until she was 10 months. I'm serious. She is just now getting into sleep training (at 14 months) and we let her cry-it-out, but lucky us she doesn't cry for more than 15 minutes. Oh, and always needs her "binks" or binky to sleep. 
  • She is her brother's shadow. She will watch him play and then try to copy what he does. 
  • She gets into EVERYTHING. every. single. thing. One time she got a hold of dog food at my in-laws house and ate some (so gross). Another time she found my necklace and ran away from me when I asked for it back. Silly girl. 
  • Her favorite book is Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss. She will pick it out from the bookcase and carry it around with her until someone will read it to her. 
  • She still takes two naps (morning and afternoon), but is slowly transitioning to one. 
  • She can hold her own. When Hudson takes a toy from her, she screams and tries to get it back from him. She also does this finger point thing or hold our hands to get to something she wants. She's a smart, feisty little thing.
  • She can fold her arms for prayer and can play peek a boo. She doesn't know much sign language (we weren't consistent with it like we did for Hudson), but I think we can "read" her pretty well. Her favorite words are "dad" and "bobba (milk)." 

Happy 1st Birthday, Amelia Linh! We love you!

 She was a little sick for her actual birthday, but we managed to get a few smiles out of her.


 We made a giant birthday cookie for Hudson's first birthday, so we thought it was only fitting to do the same for Amelia. Don't worry, we didn't eat it all in one night. 


These are the bee cupcakes we made for her little birthday party a few days later. She is our cute Mia Bee after all. 


Birthday letter below (I write letters to the kids every year on their birthday -- I'll give it to them when they are older).

Dear Amelia,

We sure love you! Thanks for being such an angel baby this year. Really. You made this first year so easy, minus that little ER trip that scared us half to death (don't do that again, please). You are such a sweet girl. It's amazing to look back at pictures and see how much you have grown.

We love your little personality already -- curious, happy, determined, and sweet. You make us laugh every day with your hilarious facial expressions; they are so great! We also like to watch how you play with your brother -- always watching him and then trying to copy what he does. You are his little shadow. You are such a bright spot. Everyone who knows you absolutely loves you! It's because you are such a light. You really are, baby girl. You brought so much joy when you came into this world, and we feel so lucky that we get to witness that joy (YOU) every single day.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl. We love you to the moon and back.

Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment