April 8, 2015

Let's talk about Hud

This little boy turned 3 1/2 years old the end of January. Yep, we celebrate half birthdays here. Nothing too fancy, but we went to get an ice cream treat at Mr. K's in SouthEnd.



I just want to take a minute to talk about this not-so-little boy of mine. Here's three things:

1. His imagination blows my mind. Seriously. Maybe that is all 3 year olds, but I seriously love seeing him come up with things or hearing the next sentence come out of his mouth. As of late, he talks for his dinosaurs and it's the funniest thing to listen to/watch. Yes, he is STILL obsessed with dinosaurs.

2. He loves arts and crafts. He will spend a good amount of time coloring, painting, or using his scissors to cut paper. It's a really great "quiet time" activity for him (and me). The dining table is usually covered in papers and his drawings. This normally would make me uneasy, but I've learned to embrace a messy dining room table. I have a hard time throwing away what he makes, so we keep it all in a little folder for now. I love looking through it. His favorite thing to draw are dinosaurs and animals, of course. :)

3. He loves to say prayer. Like he gets upset if he can't say it and will start saying his own prayer while someone else is saying it. I love hearing his little voice and how grateful he is for what he has. It's the cutest thing ever. I need to record it one day.

So, that's a little about Hudson for today. I'll leave you with some pictures/videos of the last couple weeks with some commentary.

Stopped to talk to a ant on our walk home 


Dinosaur digging kit from Ma & Pa
He spent the whole morning being a "real" paleontologist. 

Helping sissy get down the stairs
They have been holding hands a lot lately and I love it!


Video: Hudson re-tells the story of Samuel the Lamanite (from Book of Mormon)


Video: Hudson exercising 


Video: Hudson reading to Pa
This video cracks me up. My dad is speaking in Lao. He's telling my mom to come sit down and listen to Hudson teach about lions. My favorite line? "Can you be quiet, PLEASE?!!" 

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome and sweet boy. He's lucky to have such a wonderful mama.

    ReplyDelete