April 21, 2015

Arizona trip

I took a trip (without the kids or hubby) to Arizona. This was my girls' trip for the year (last year was Williamsburg). I think one girls' trip a year is so necessary, and I plan on making that happen for years to come.

This view leaving Chicago (layover) was such a beautiful sight!

I went out to Arizona to help my mother-in-law with Heidi's baby shower (her first baby is due in May). Logan and I are thrilled we finally get to be Uncle Logan/Aunt Abby! That's the thing about being the oldest in our families; you have to wait for everyone else to catch up. ;)

It was so fun to spend a few days with Heidi. We went on a hike, out to lunch, got Bahama Bucks (yummy shaved ice), made homemade bread, went to the temple, and spent lots of time catching up. I just love that girl. I have no doubt she will be a great mother. She has mothered so many kids throughout the years, including my own. I loved getting to see all her preparations for her first baby. She's such a go-getter!

Orange creamsicle from Bahama Bucks

The weather was perfect the whole time I was there. It was wonderful!

We opened up Heidi's breadmaker for the first time and made this. 
I didn't think it would take 4 hours to make, but oh man it was worth the wait! 

Mesa, AZ temple

Delilas came in a few days later and we ran around trying to get everything set up for the shower. The baby shower was so fun and cute. We did a book theme. We asked each person to bring a book (as a gift) to add to the baby's library. There was a lot of people there to celebrate Heidi and the baby. It was nice to meet her new friends and see old friends/family too.















I also got to spend a day with my Aunt Martha and her kids. We had a cute Valentine's Day dinner at this little French cafe and then explored Historic Scottsdale. It was so good to see family while I was there, even though it was very short lived.

Such a cute cafe!
I also got to try macarons for the first time! So yummy!







This trip was so much fun AND warm (low 70s the whole time)! I was welcomed home to an ice storm in Charlotte, but my heart warmed right up getting to be with my babies and hubby again!



No comments:

Post a Comment