First stop, we headed to the NYC Public Library -- a bucket list place for me! I am obsessed with libraries and this one is like the queen of libraries! The only downside is that the Rose Main Reading Room was closed for repairs (I almost cried).
Outside the restricted Berg Collection room.
As close as I could get. Ahh!
Classic jumping picture in front of the library
A great place on our NYC trip!
Next stop? Lunch at Chelsea Market and then walking the Highline, but before that a quick stop to the Lego store for Logan. :) We loved Chelsea Market. I wish we could have stayed and tried every single eatery, but we did get to browse around. It was a very cool place.
Chelsea Market
lunch at Mokbar -- surprisingly very good!
giant seafood restaurant/market in Chelsea Market
The Highline.
An interesting water fountain
Had to take this picture for Hudson before we got on the subway.
Later that evening, we got dressed up and walked to the Manhattan LDS Temple. It was a very neat experience being inside that temple. Outside was noisy and full of people, but going inside was peaceful and absolutely beautiful. I also loved meeting LDS New Yorkers in that temple. It's the most I have ever talked to anyone in a temple, and it was so so cool. I just loved it. There are good people everywhere, but I seriously loved New Yorkers in those moments. I love how cultured they are. I love how open they are and willing to talk to you. It was fascinating being around that kind of energy, and especially in the temple. Loved it! I also got a feeling in the temple that we would be back to NYC one day, but not just as visitors. :)
After the temple, we were hungry. Logan had the genius idea to go to Chinatown. He was really wanting some dim sum. Such a fun experience being in the city late at night. We stopped at Magnolia Bakery after and got banana pudding (best ever)!!
What a day! Day 3 (last day of the trip) coming up.
Of course you know that if you move to NYC, you will have to make room for me too. :)
ReplyDeleteOf course you know that if you move to NYC, you will have to make room for me too. :)
ReplyDelete