Yes, today, I turn 23 years old. An odd number, but one that I am so excited to be labeled as...especially because it is Michael Jordan's old number and it is also the same age as my husband (well, until he turns 24 in December). I think year 23 is going to be a good one. I can already feel it. In celebration of being 23 today, I have decided to make a list of 23 things that I want to do this year because hey, I am only 23 once!!
- Go skiing for the first time this Christmas break- Brian Head Resort
- Study rigorously for the Praxis exams
- Try a new recipe every week- especially from Pioneer Woman or All Recipes
- Complete BOTH the Insanity & P90x workout dvds
- Use my new birthday present regularly (a sewing machine, thanks mom & dad)- I've been dying to make this skirt
- Go down to Southern Utah and see a show at Tuacahn
- Go to Lagoon or any amusement park- I haven't been to one in over a year!
- Learn to play the guitar
- Complete our family goal of visiting all the Utah (LDS) temples
- Visit more museums in the area- Springville Art Museum & Utah Museum of Natural History
- Do the dishes every night before going to bed
- Hike the Y mountain
- Write to missionaries- especially Carson (bro-in-law), who will be serving a mission in Peru starting November 2010
- Memorize a scripture mastery verse each week
- Go camping at Zion National Park
- Offer to babysit more often- in preparation for motherhood one day
- Volunteer at the MTC every month
- Brush up on English grammar rules
- Spend less time on the computer (i.e. blog reading, checking Facebook, online shopping, etc)
- Attend an orchestra concert at Temple Square
- Read more books from my "to-read" list
- Do more family history research
- Practice learning the Spanish language
There it is.
My list of 23 things to accomplish for this year.
Ready, set, go....
My list of 23 things to accomplish for this year.
Ready, set, go....
Happy Birthday Dear DIL! What a great list! Think of all the adventures you will have, I wish we lived closer than 32 car hours away. Oh I was just thinking - I gave birth to your husband when I was 23, crazy huh. I will work on #18 too. Love ya girl!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! I hope you have a fabulous day! I love your list of things to do. I say you should try to do it all in 23 days! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Abby! 23 will be such a great year. I am right behind you. (I turn 23 next week.)
ReplyDeleteAlso, you and Logan should come up here and go to the Logan Temple with us! You can stay at our house and we can have dinner and games or something. That way you can get your Logan trip in! We will be moving in December. So we should find a time in the next couple of months.
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! Sounds like you're off to a great start on year 23! That must be why you had cupcakes today?
ReplyDeleteI found that the greatest gift that our Heavenly Father can ever give to us is the gift of motherhood...when it is your time, just remember that.
ReplyDeleteSecond, Marisa did two really great projects for school on family history...if you ever want to learn more, just let us know.
Good luck with your sewing machine...I've had mine for about five years now and have not even open it. But it is on my list of things to do...Marisa's been asking when I was going to make a blanket for Ethan since I made one for her when she was a baby. I told her that I'm getting to it...one project at a time :-)
Sounds like an amazing list to me!! I have a few of the books on your "to-read list" if you ever want to borrow one!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! Wow those are some really great goals! you are amazing! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Twin! You're great!!
ReplyDelete