December 3, 2010

Rejection

Rejection hurts, but you know what Corbett's do? We move on and make the best out of it! I'm referring to the rejection letter we got from Disney this past Wednesday (December 1st). It was a LONG wait, but we're glad we know now. And, even though we got rejected....I still love Disney:) It just wasn't meant to be this time around and we get that. We trust that the Lord knows what is best for us, so we won't complain.  

I must say that with rejection and closed doors/opportunities, there have been more, better, and exciting opportunities that have come our way (even in the past three days)! Logan actually got called for an interview this past Wednesday; it went very well and it is a REAL person job (as Logan would say). We should be hearing back from them very soon. We were also reminded that Logan will be getting a raise at his current job in a few months, so that will be a nice little bonus for us. Plus, I started tutoring again this week so it has certainly been another blessing to be grateful for (I get experience and some play money)! Yes! Logan has also applied to countless other internships, so don't worry about us! We will work at it until we get something good. 

Patience...patience...patience....

On the other hand, we are excited and happy to stay in Provo for the next semester (mainly me, I didn't want to miss out on BYU basketball season). So, even with rejection....we will be okay. Life goes on and we are loving what has been coming our way:)   

Stay tuned for our Thanksgiving recap and a post on Christmas decorations this week!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Rejection always hurts... but I'm glad that so many other things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney is over rated anyway! We wanted you to get the job only so we would be more inclined to go visit that "Happiest Place on Earth". Oh well Life goes on.

    When one door closes another one opens, yep! that's what I always say. Love ya!
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that is hard but it is great to hear that you two have a good attitude and outlook for it. God does know best and everything happens for a reason. I hope things go well with this real person job. If not, I'm sure you'll be able to make the best of it. Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to have a positive attitude. As Pres. Hinckley once said, "everything will work out, it always does." You will have good experiences wherever you are because that's the type of people you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your positive attitude. Keep it up. Better opportunities will come your way!

    ReplyDelete