February 18, 2011

Not to brag or anything, but I can do hard things!!

You know that 28 page (yes, 28 pages) graduate paper that I completed last week? The one that took forever to write and compile? Well, I finally finished it last Wednesday and I turned it in right at the midnight deadline. GO ME! I CAN DO HARD THINGS!!! There really wasn't a page limit, but being the overachiever that I am (or so my husband says) I finished it in just 28 pages. I could have wrote more, but I stopped myself. 

Anyway, I checked my school e-mail this morning and I got this message from my professor:

Abby,
I was extremely impressed with the quality of your work! Thank you for your hard work and effort. You adhered to the assignment and followed the rubric perfectly. I would love to see this lesson in an actual classroom. This is one of the finest examples of this assignment that I have been able to access! Thank you and keep up the fine work!
Professor Mike

And, yes, I did get an A+ on the assignment (I can do hard things)!!! Sometimes I get really discouraged that I am doing more schooling, especially since I already have an undergraduate degree that is perfectly useful (not to mention the fact that I work full-time and am currently pregnant), but sometimes....I get comments like that one from my teachers and I know that all my hard work is paying off. I know that I am doing the best I can and that the best I am doing is molding me into a better learner, better teacher, and better person. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue my education and I appreciate all the support I get from my teachers, family, husband, and friends. I can do this; I am soooo close to being done! I can do hard things (this is my MIL's motto and I intend to live by it as well)!!!!

Side note: I am 17 weeks along:) Still no significant baby bump (sad). I'll try to post a baby bump picture soon, but trust me there isn't much to see according to everyone I know. We find out the gender in two weeks!!! WOW! Everyone is saying it is a boy, and I kind of think it is a boy too...but a part of me is really wishing for a girl!

Happy Friday! We get a 3-day weekend:) Hallelujah!

3 comments:

  1. That is so great Abby! You should be proud of yourself. I don't think enough women our age give ourselves enough credit for all the work we do and instead look at what we don't accomplish. So good for you!!! And for the record I think you guys are having a GIRL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when your hard work pays off! Congrats! I'd love to read it if you're willing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are DOING HARD THINGS. Abby I am so proud of you!!! That is a task that I would run and hide and never come out, if ask to write a 28 page paper on any subject. What a wonderful compliment your professor gave you. You are a great teacher in your home and in the classroom. Thanks for your love and inspiration!! :D

    ReplyDelete