June 30, 2012

Combined Baby Shower

This was my second shower that I helped plan (see previous one here). I teamed up with a friend (Kim) from my church ward and together we planned a combined baby shower for THREE women. It was effortless planning this shower, mainly because I had help from Kim - she is so organized and thorough. I took care of the decorations and drinks - all under $25. Seriously. We chose a yellow and gray theme because we wanted it to be gender neutral since two of the women are having boys and the other woman is having a girl. This was also not a typical shower because these women are carrying their 3rd or 4th child, so it was mainly a get together filled with good food and good company.

I have grown to appreciate these three women so much in the past year that we have been living in Raleigh. They are in the playgroup/mom's group from my church ward and they are wonderful. I have been able to get to know each of them and their families. They have also watched Hudson for us on occasion. They are such good examples to me of what kind of mother I want to be and I appreciate them so much. I love being able to talk to them about mothering questions I have or just hanging out with them from time to time. It sure makes living in this area a better experience, especially with good "girl" friends like them.

Clockwise from top right:
1- yarn wreath with felt flower embellishments and "baby" paint chip sign
2- yellow and white pom poms over the food table
3- the pregnant women (due in July and August) left to right: Kimberly, Sharon, and Christy  
4- lemonade and water in mason jars with gray/white striped straws

Not pictured: yellow/gray balloons, paint chip garland, banner, and more of the guests. 

Congratulations, mama friends! I can't wait to meet and hold your new little ones!

2 comments:

  1. Yellow and grey is my favorite color combination right now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete