January 25, 2016

Girls Camp

Beginning of August, I went with the young women in my church congregation to a week-long camp. As a leader, it was so fun to be with these sweet girls for a whole week and get to know them better. It was a hot and humid week, but we made the best out of it. Camp Wayfarer is awesome!

I was in charge of second level girls (meaning the girls who were here at camp for their second time). This camp was run by many amazing women from my church congregation. It was wonderful to see everything come together. It was also wonderful to see these girls for a week (without their phones, make-up, and distractions). I loved camp for that reason. I loved how we got to leave the "world" for a week and just focus on our testimonies of Jesus Christ, developing talents, and creating friendships. What more could you ask for? It felt so much like a safe haven for the week -- a place where the girls were accepted, loved, and cared for. It was amazing to witness and be part of it!  

The camp theme for the week was "The Game of Life: Decisions Determine Destiny" and each day had a separate theme (choose to be happy, choose to be obey, etc). Board games were, of course, incorporated into camp: Operation, The Game of Life, Candyland, to name a few.

Here are some pictures from the great week:














Dancing! 
We did a lot of dancing at camp. 


Candyland (where the girls learned everything for First Aid Certification)



The Game of Life

Testimony meeting (where girls were able to go up and share their experiences/testimonies) 



Operation!

Some of the great women I got to serve with!

Each day we got 30 minutes of D.A.R.E (drop everything and read) time. It was a time for us to read the scriptures. The whole camp is quiet during this time and it was a very sacred part of the day. 




Videos below: This is when I tried to blob. So fun! 
(One of my YW is named Abbie and she was the one who sent me flying off the blob.)




My parents were so awesome to watch the kids for us in VA while I was at camp and Logan had work. They had Ma & Pa camp filled with DC trips, the zoo, playing mini-golf, and fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment